Web conferencing is a type of computer networking or teleconferencing that allows you to meet with your teacher in real time over the Internet. You can talk with your teacher during his or her office hours (found in Genius) about your class face to face in real time. You can ask questions and get private tutoring through Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
How To Connect
To enter your instructors virtual office, click on the link in your gradebook, during your instructors office hours. This is best experienced with the Google Chrome web browser.
Example Web Conferencing Scenerios
Below are examples of interactions you and your teacher can experience.
- The ability to see each other through the use of a web cam
- The ability to chat in real time
- The ability to work together on a whiteboard
- The ability to share applications and desktops
- The ability to upload and transfer files such as help sheets and homework in progress.
Browser-based Web Conferencing
High-quality Audio and Video
Follow the Speaker
Simple and Fast File Sharing