Local Virtual Model (LVM)
What is it?
- Have your local teacher(s) instruct a select of list of pre-built online courses with your local students.
What are the benefits of this model?
- Content is fully assembled in a functional K-12 Learning Management System (LMS).
- CDE provides training and support.
- Local instructors have full editing rights of all prebuilt content.
- Your local instructors work one on one with their own students.
What courses are available?
What grades are available and what is the cost?
- Online courses are available in grades 6-12.
- Cost is different by provider.
Why are costs different for different courses?
- Online course companies charge CDE different rates.
Can the course be placed in our district's own LMS?
- No. The course will reside in CDE’s LMS, Buzz.
What should I do if I want my teacher(s) to take a look at a course on the list?
- Complete the Local Virtual Model (LVM) Form