NDCDE DOES NOT currently administer AP Exams.
From CollegeBoard: Home-Schoolers and Students Whose Schools Do Not Offer AP If you are a home-schooled student, you are preparing on your own, or you attend a school that does not offer AP, you can still take the exams by arranging to test at a participating school or authorized test center (for students outside the U.S.).
- Prepare a list of the exams you plan to take.
- Contact AP Services for Students no later than March 1st to get the names and telephone numbers of local AP coordinators. (Students in mainland China should email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- 888-225-5427 (Toll Free in the United States and Canada)
- 212-632-1780 (International)
- Contact the AP coordinators identified by AP Services no later than March 15th
- Inform the coordinator you are trying to locate a school willing to administer AP Exams to outside students.
- Notify the school of any accommodations that may be needed.
- Agree to use the state home-school code or your school’s code provided by the AP coordinator on the day of the exam. You must not use the school code of the school at which you test. Be sure to obtain your school’s 6-digit code from your principal or school counselor in advance of the exam. If you are home-schooled or attend a school that does not have a school code, use the state or international home-school code given to you on the day of the exam.
- Bring a valid government- or school-issued photo ID with you to the exam. If you have approval from the College Board to test with accommodations, you must also bring your Student Accommodation Letter. Once you locate a school willing to administer your exams, that school’s AP coordinator is responsible for ordering your exam materials, telling you when and where to report for the exams, and collecting the exam fees, which may be negotiated to recover additional proctoring or administration costs. That school must administer the exams for you; the school cannot forward exam materials to you or your school for handling.
NDCDE's AP school code is 350564
Sign up for an AP Exam
Advanced Placement information for the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction
More information on AP Exams from CollegeBoard